TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES SET RECORD FOR RELOCATION TO NORTHERN NEVADA
Throughout the entire year of 2018 there wasn’t a time when a lead publication presented yet another story about another technology company moving its business or starting a business right here in our backyard in Northern Nevada.
And right here at Tahoe Time Plaza, we have seen similar interest from a variety of businesses who have recognized the value of living and working at Lake Tahoe or just over the hill in Reno or Carson City, NV.
A recent story in NORTHERN NEVADA BUSINESS VIEW recapped the activity of all the tech companies who now reside with a short scenic drive from our corporate office space on Tahoe’s North Shore in Nevada.
We thought you may be as impressed as we were with the list of those businesses that now call our state their ‘home sweet home.”:
Below is a list of companies EDAWN assisted in relocating to Reno-Sparks in 2018:
- AeroSpec NDT Services (Aerospace, Aviation and Defense)
- American Dunnage (Manufacturing)
- Aqua Metals (Manufacturing)
- Arconic Fastener Systems and Rings (Aerospace, Aviation and Defense)
- Champion Windows (Manufacturing)
- Clickbio (Manufacturing)
- Eco Compliance (Manufacturing)
- Ellsworth Adhesives Specialty Chemical (Logistics, Distribution)
- Figure Technologies (Technology Ecoystem)
- Fox Racing (Logistics, Distribution)
- Fulcrum Sierra BioFuels (Manufacturing)
- Highway Two (E-Commerce, Fulfillment)
- iD Tech (Logistics, Distribution)
- Iris Automation (Technology Ecosystem)
- Masonite (Manufacturing)
- MECP Reno (Technology Ecosystem)
- Monin (Manufacturing)
- MyVR (Technology Ecosystem)
- New Deantronics (Manufacturing)
- On Air Direct (E-Commerce, Fulfillment)
- Panty Drop (E-Commerce, Fulfillment)
- Polaris (Logistics, Distribution)
- Power-Sonic (Logistics, Distribution)
- Presidio Medical (Technology Ecosystem)
- rfXcel (Technology Ecosystem)
- RIZKNOWS (Technology Ecosystem)
- SendCutSend (Aerospace, Aviation and Defense)
- Talage (Technology Ecosystem)
With the article it detailed more information about an event hosted by the Economic Development Authority (EDWAN) where more details were announced:
“This year saw a record number of tech companies (11) and corporate headquarters (15) stake flags in the region. Technology-related businesses made up the largest segment of companies assisted by EDAWN, according to a press release.
One of those tech companies honored Dec. 6 was Talage , a software firm that provides a digital marketplace for small business insurance. Over the summer, the company set up its headquarters on South Wells Avenue in Reno.
“All the things EDAWN’s been striving to do the past few years, I think they’re backing it up,” Adam Kiefer, Talage CEO and cofounder, told the NNBV. “And Reno is making that shift from essentially a transportation, warehousing hub to a legitimate tech player. And I think we’re starting to make moves
In closing, Mike Kazmierski, president and CEO of EDAWN, said in a statement:
“The new opportunities this creates for our workforce are sure to have a positive impact for generations to come and I couldn’t be more excited.”
And our team at our office building in North Lake Tahoe, NV could not agree more!