When it's Slow, that's When We Go!
Just ask any local when the best time to ski in Tahoe may be and they will be sure to tell you, anytime by the holidays and particularly favor the quiet month of January. And after decades of working in the ski business, we concur!
From the parking lots to the top of the peaks, you and your family will enjoy some of the best of the early season on the slopes … and off! Gone are the long waits at the restaurants, lines at the gas station and grocery store, and the time you usually have to plan ahead to get somewhere soon.
How Are the Ski Conditions in Lake Tahoe?
Thanks to cold temperatures, early season snowfall, and miles of snowmaking, the slopes get better every day. Come experience shorter lift lines and longer days on the slopes!
For the most current Lake Tahoe ski conditions, save this list below and save some time for a get-away to Tahoe in 2018!
NOT A SKIER? NOT A PROBLEM!
New Family Guide to Lake Tahoe
With an array of activities perfect for parents and kids alike, there's no shortage of family-friendly
adventures to be had in North Lake Tahoe. To help you get started on a great day off the slopes, we’ve created a short list of our favorite things to do with our family at Tahoe Time Plaza.
SLED AND SKATE
- Tahoe Vista: North Tahoe Regional Park
- Kings Beach: Kings Beach State Recreation Area
- Tahoe City: Sled and get hot cocoa at Granlibakken
- Tahoe City: Sled, ice skate and play at the Tahoe City Winter Sports Park
MAKE IT A MOVIE AND MUSEUM
- Tahoe City: Tahoe Art Haus & Cinema
- Tahoe City: Tahoe Maritime Museum – with kid-friendly activities
- Tahoe City: Salvaged Art Store
- Kings Beach: Vista Gallery
AVE LUNCH ON THE LAKE
- Kings Beach: Jason’s Beachside Grille
- Carnelian Bay: CB’s Pizza & Grill
- Incline Village: T’s Mesquite Rotisserie
- Tahoe City: Moe’s Original BBQ
- Tahoe City: Jake’s on the Lake
- Tahoe City: Fire Sign Cafe
- Homewood: West Shore Cafe
SHOP 'TIL YOU DROP
Need more ideas? Here’s a great blog about fun things to do with your family at the Lake. Just click here and we’ll see you out and about in 2018!